i've recently had some crazy changes with work and figuring out how and when i will graduate from school. and sometimes it's hard to handle all that is going on and to balance the stress in life. so this post is to remind myself just how many things i have to be grateful for and to have faith that everything will work out. and being the month of november and also veteran's day, i thought this was a fitting topic.
just a few things i'm grateful for:
- a sweet husband who loves and supports me
- my parents who also love and support me
- the gospel
- our ward and the people in it
- our many, many friends we have made in arizona who have become like family
- friends back home
- the fact that we get to come home for thanksgiving
- AND christmas (cannot wait)
- the opportunity to finish school
- the opportunity to work
- the scriptures
- the lesson we had on faith on sunday
- the young women leaders i serve with
- to serve in our seriously awesome young women's
- to live in the u.s. of a.
- the opportunity to vote
- sisters that are my best friends who i miss dearly
- my health
- President Monson and the Apostles
- my testimony of the Savior
- to go to chubb's choir concert in december (i know, i'm a nerd but i just heart the whs christmas choir concerts)
- general conference
- stake conference
- the many friends that i have made at school and get along with so well
- walmart...
- the cute kids i have been able to babysit
- nice arizona weather
- no school on veteran's day
- veteran's day and the many war veterans who have fought for our country
- my dad for taking us to visit war veterans on veteran's day and the memories i have from it
- the internet
- talking to family on the web cam
- my cell phone
this list could go on and on, and these are just a few. but i truly am so blessed. i hope everyone has a good veteran's day today and will take a minute to remember those who have fought for our country so that we can enjoy the many freedoms that we do and live in peace and happiness in this wonderful land.

11 comments:
i am grateful for hilly. can't wait to see you in a month!
Thanks for that blog! So many times I get caught up in life that I forget to ENJOY life and be thankful for all the great things in it. You are an example I love to watch and follow.
I love it, it's so easy to forget everything we are so lucky to have. It's nice to remember those who have fought to keep our freedoms. Nice post!
Hilary, we'll have to talk more tomorrow night, but I want you to know that I appreciated your list and I hope you get all the *stressful* things figured out! :)
Thanks Hil! I need to be reminded alot! Hey we decided to go private so leave me a comment with your email so I can send you an invite!
What a great idea to make a list! I should do that too. There are SO many things I am so grateful for. Hope you get the stresses of graduating all figured out!
It's good to take time to think about those things! You have got a good list! Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?
That is a sweet post Hil! Thanks for it.
hill that was such a good post. it's hard to remember sometimes all of our blessings when things get stressful. i hope you guys have fun while you're home....maybe we'll run into you guys again :-)
hill that was such a good post. it's hard to remember sometimes all of our blessings when things get stressful. i hope you guys have fun while you're home....maybe we'll run into you guys again :-)
turbo kick rocks my world. I've been doing it on and off for a couple of weeks, I love it. So you should move to Logan and teach here......now.
Post a Comment