Tuesday, January 19, 2010

finally

one month ago yesterday one of my dreams finally came true:


i officially became a "lil' devil" (as my dad puts it.)

*so there are a million pictures but i'm not willing to part with all of them, it was just too good of a day. thus: lots & lots of pictures...


day before graduation at commencement.

so happy to have my parents there. :)



now on to the real excitement of graduation day.
these are my fellow exw (exercise & wellness) classmates and i getting ready for the procession.
had to put this one on here...
below is a picture with good ol' dolores, our counselor in the exw department.
to say she is an awesome lady would be an understatement. we heart her. :)
we walked a few blocks to the actual building where the convocation was held.
we were led by bag pipes playing "praise to the man" (an old scottish song) and people were clapping and honking for us like a parade. it was so much fun!



anxious for the ceremony to start...

these girls and i grew so close.
i will miss having classes at the funny, little polytechnic campus with them.


after the ceremony, so happy!!

about half of us in exw. yay, finally!!

couldn't have done it without him:

couldn't have done it without these folks:

couldn't have done it without these lovely ladies:

and last but not least, this baby came in the mail the other day:

it's legit folks, i'm a college grad!

17 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats on graduation Hilly!!! Congrats on Jeff's number one match!!! WOW! Although I have to admit I was really hoping you would be going to West Virgina, not for your benefit but for mine:) I hope all is going well with the little miss. Miss you!

Kat said...

i'm so proud of you!!!!! yay!!!! youre done! I have had a smile on my face all week for you guys! what a great time in your life!!!

Maria said...

Yay!! Congratulations to you! That is so awesome and you look beautiful in your cap and gown.

Steph and Brady said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. What a great achievement!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome you are done! What a great thing to graduate it, it would be so helpful to me!!

Jon and Heather Acosta said...

Ah isn't it crazy? It's so weird that everyone is starting classes and we're not... I kind of miss it, I'm not going to lie... ah who am I kidding - NO HOMEWORK, STUDYING, EXAMS, etc... Congrats to you and thank you for all of your help and especially for your friendship; I couldn't have done any of it without you. Miss you!

Melissa Rees said...

Awwww! Congrats!! Doesn't it feel so good to have your name on that diploma? I still get a little thrill everytime I see mine on the wall!!

Brenbren said...

That is amazing and one goal I have yet to complete!

Paige said...

Congrats! such a HUGE accomplishment!

kalie said...

YAY! I am cracking up about "Praise to the Man." Based on the pictures and the number of female grads, it should probably have been "Praise to the WOman." Love ya!

Buckwheat said...

Congrats Hilary! But tell me the truth though, you'll always be a wildcat at heart, right?

erin said...

so proud of you and happy for you, sister. you worked so hard! now sleep for the next two months before you can't anymore.

Rachel said...

congrats!! on so many things too, graduation, jeff's #1 pick, and sweet baby girl :) you worked hard, this post was definitely a motivation for me...spring semester and summer and i'm done with classes, but i'm going crazy right now, I don't know where my motivation went! thanks for being awesome!

ps. I have something to send you for the little miss on the way :)(I was so sad I missed the post christmas breakfast!) I need the best address for you guys, I know you are moving soon...maybe...let me know.

sara and wade said...

yahoo hil!! congratulations on being the big grad. what an accomplishment. i'm super proud of ya!

p.s. the patterns/colors for baby girl's nursery are actually wall hangings from tai pan. i knew i loved them, but i haven't actually found fabric yet to do all the fun stuff with them. i'm thinking i might just have to do basics (like stripes and circles in those colors) and use the hangings as a focal piece to pull it all together. just find inspiration wherever and it'll all come. i'm sure of it. you are probably one of the most creative ladies i know.. hang in there dove.

Criscell said...

CONGRATS Hillary!!! That is SO awesome! And to Jeff too for getting into such a great residency!

Reagan said...

Congrats Hil! So happy for you (and you hubby for getting into his school!) I was looking through your pics and getting all excited for mine. What a fun experience! You worked your tush off, you totally deserve it lady! big congrats. :)

Chelsie said...

yeah!! congrats hil!! that's awesome and such an accomplishment!