i know it's shocking, but i bake. pies that is. only on occasion (meaning, thanksgiving) and i dare say that i am good at it. but only with the help of my sister in law amy, of course. i'm still learning lots.
two years ago amy and i volunteered to help out grandma gardiner with thanksgiving and made an apple pie. so this year we volunteered again and made not one, but five pies! from scratch that is, crust and all! it was a miracle they all turned out. i'll spare you all the details, but let's just say that amy and i (and gizmo) are a pair! or should i say trio...?
here we are with our first two pie crusts.
carson attempted to be our little helper. :)
filling our pie crusts...
the finished products: 3 banana cream, 1 coconut cream and 1 apple. we're so proud.
this is becoming a fun thanksgiving tradition and i had so much fun. i can't wait 'til the next gardiner thanksgiving two years from now to do it again. so far both times have been crazy and interesting! but things always end up working out and we have fun doing it!
we had such a wonderful thanksgiving. afterwards, the girls went and saw twilight. for most of us it was for the second time. i know there are definitely some cheesy parts, but i have to admit i would gladly go see it again for the third time! i know, how sad. i'm not really one who is obsessed with twilight at all. but i take back the fact that i said i didn't think robert pattinson (or edward) was good looking. oh my lanta, he is just nice eye candy now isn't he??! serious. oh i know, how pathetic am i?

16 comments:
ha, i've never seen 'oh my lanta' spelled out before.
remember this:
d: try to guess what my favorite food is.
b: no.
d: come on, i'll give you a hint (leans over and loudly whispers "pie" in the b's ear).
b: pie.
d: nope, it's meatloaf.
i had so much fun!! and i am so proud of our pies - i love the new tradish! hopefully next time we won't have so many bumps in the road :)
I'm just so proud of you girls. Thoes pies look great! I bet they tasted wonderful. Lucky Gardiners.
Look at you guys go! It looks like you guys did a great job! I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
Go Hil! I went to Marie Calendars.
haha, you're not pathetic. i'm right there with you. i have only seen it once but i want to see it again...and my heavens edward was beautiful in the movie. i'm impressed with your mad pie making skills especially the crusts. atta girl
you are the cutest pie baker i've ever seen! :) i saw your blog on anne's and had to say hi! hope you guys are doing well!!
I am impressed!! Those pies are looking seriously yummy!!
You little pie maker you! Okay, BTW, I love this song... I think you are much more of a Twilight nerd than you actually let on. I agree, BTW. I don't know what they did to him, but he is WaaaaaaaaaaY finer on screen than in scruffy real life. But I confess I did always think he was a divine Edward... he just has that frustrated, smoldering, sexy look down.
nice pies.
ps-so jealous you went to cold play!
viva la cold play
i am thoroughly impressed! and could you look any cuter baking pies??
hil, congratulations on your beautiful pies. you're an inspiraition.
Fun! That is amazing! Good Job! I love traditions!
that looks like so much fun!!! I wanna make pies next year all from scratch!
I want to learn to make pies. They look delicious. Maybe you can give me lessons. :)
You little Betty Crocker you! Isn't it fun to try new things! It is even more fun when they work out!
Post a Comment