Thursday, June 19, 2008

lately...

today i got home from beehive camp, and yes you read that right. the older kids went on a trek this year, which means the wee little beehives were excluded from this and we didn't have the regular girls camp with all the young women. so... instead we had beehive camp this year. i'm an advisor to these amazing little beehives with such strong testimonies. they teach me so much and i'm so grateful i was able to go! i still have camp songs playing in my brain! there was an endless amount of energy on this trip!

it was pretty high end camping and it was wonderful. we stayed in this posh, mansion of a cabin and let's just say it was my kind of camping! hot showers, blow dryers, flat irons, make up, electricity... yeah, we really had it rough. this place also had lots of fun things like a zip line and volley ball court, too. it was just a really cool place. we also had the cutest shirts made for the event, and they're hot pink! i love girls camp and have the fondest memories from camp and my young women leaders. it's always so spiritually uplifting and you come home with this amazing feeling. we had a wonderful guest speaker and a bishop's testimony meeting the last night. the spirit was so strong! i am seriously so impressed with today's youth. they are a huge example to me and have such strong testimonies at such a young age. i love those camp testimony meetings, there's always alot of sniffles and the spirit is always so strong. i remember my testimony just really taking off from those testimony meetings and camp having a huge impact on me when i was their age. some of the girls also brought a friend who is a non-member. she shared her testimony and i think she was truly touched and felt something there she hadn't felt before. it was awesome! i hope she continues to come to our activities and that one day she will join the church. she is amazing and already so knowledgeable about the principles of the gospel! anyway, it was a great experience shared with seriously some of the greatest people. i made some good relationships and became closer friends with alot of people. see slide show below for pictures...

so when i was at camp, jeff got a wii. finally. and he is pretty much in HEAVEN. for those of you not aware, he has been saving christmas money from my parents to purchase this baby. he's been waiting until after the boards were over and out of the way so he wouldn't be tempted to play instead of study. can we say self control, or what? i had been looking for the past week or two for one of these and they're pretty much impossible to come by. no joke. so jeff, goes to this walmart for the first time and buys the last one they have! i'm so glad he found one and was able to play it before we came home for utah! it's a nice little reward for him after the boards. he is seriously like a little boy on the first day of christmas. he loves it. and he's pretty much played it non-stop since he purchased it. and he deserves it. :)

this last weekend i was also lucky enough to have some utah neighbor friends visit. jeff, kris, and my long time childhood friend, tracie rawlings. i love them. they came down for a wedding and they were so nice to think to visit me while they were here. we went to lunch and i showed them the gardiner pad. it was fun to chat with them and catch up. i love good ol' neighbor friends! they're my little north ogden family, so it was good to have a piece of "home" down here in the valley of the sun. and did i mention it's 112 degrees just about every day? yeah, the rawlings were having a rough time adjusting to the blasted heat. but it was so nice to have them here!

i also threw in some other pictures of what we've been up to. 1. we had a get together with our school friends before we all take off for rotations for the summer. so we took a picture - minus josh and abbie- you guys took off too early and we missed you! 2. i also took a picture of my friend krista and i at work on her last day, i'm seriously gonna miss working with her. she is hilarious and so much fun to be around! and 3. jeff went through all of his notes from the past 2 years and well, he's getting rid of almost all of them! i'm so not like that, i hold onto things forever... anyway i took a picture of the 2 huge stacks of paper we will be recycling.



well, there's another jumbled post for you all on what we've been up to. i don't know why i do that all the time, sorry... now we're counting down the days: 3 more 'til san diego, 8 more 'til utah. hallelujah!

15 comments:

Criscell said...

I bet those Beehives just LOVE you! What a fun time it looks like you had. I too, have tons of fun memories from girl's camp. Have fun at home!! You guys deserve a break.

P.S. Caleb wants a wii really bad too!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I miss girls camp. You're cute, I'll bet the beehives love miss hillary being with them. You are very busy.

Paige said...

That's awesome that your in the Young Womens. I loved YW's and the best part was camp. We just got a PS3 and I'm so wishing we got a WII instead. We went and played with some of our friends and it's so much fun! Very addicting. :) Let's try to get everyone together when you come to Utah. We could have a BBQ or something. Call me when you get here and we can plan something fun.

Frei Family said...

Wow.. you really look like it was a ton of fun!! I am so excited for your little summer adventure!! I hope all goes well!!

Chelsie said...

That looks like a harsh place to camp!! SO nice!! Good choice!!! I agree, I bet those beehives love you! Having a cute young leader that they can look up too! I'm impressed with jeff's self control to wait to get the wii! My mom just got wii fit...it's pretty fun too. I hope you guys have a good trip! I have seen your sister a couple times at the pool! Maybe I'll see you if you go with her! Have fun!

kalie said...

Looks like beehive camp was so fun! You are so amazing, Hilary! I love serving in the YW with you.

Amy said...

Such cute pictures! I can't believe how many Beehives you guys have. I bet you had so much fun. And I am so glad that Jeffrey finally has a Wii. He really deserves it. I can't wait to see you guys! Have fun in San Diego!

Lauren Tatton said...

That sounds like fun! How fun you get to go to san diego! That will be so fun! You look as cute as ever!

A, B, C...L said...

I loved that you put pictures of all of us and talked about camp! Christy loved hearing you talk about her. I love that you are our counselor! Love,
Ashley, Brooklynn, Christy, and Lauren(A,B,C...L)

Brad and Darci said...

I am glad that you guys have been able to have some finally- sounds like you definitely deserve it! Hope that you have even more fun on your trip!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

So fun that you got to go to camp. I always loved camp too! I bet those girls love you! So fun about the wii - can we come over and play when we get back!?! ;) I am impressed with how organized your hubby is w/ his papers he is shredding. Spence just chucks all of his papers in a heep in a laundry basket! Have fun on your upcoming trips, you guys definitely deserve a nice vaca! Oh and ps - that picture of you and the beehive in the car, I think you may just have the world's prettiest eyes!

Anne said...

You would be a good YW leader/ camp leader. You know how you have 1 fun camp leader that everyone loves:) Have fun in Utah, I'm not gonna lie I would love to be in Utah on the 4th just so I could see everyone, you're lucky! Where will you guys be for the summer? I hope in Utah so I can see you when I come through at the end of August! I miss you!

The Frosts said...

I'm so glad you found me on facebook and my blog! How fun! That's exciting about Jeff's Wii...we just started looking in to getting one instead of going to a theme park or something for vacation this summer since I am 7 months pregnant...I LOVE roller coasters and that would be torture not to be able to ride. Anyway, glad to know you are doing well!

Michelle Gifford said...

Beehive camp, what a party! I hope you are having fun in Utah! It is so fabulous to be out of the heat. We miss you.

ashley! said...

I loved girls camp! I am soo glad you are one of my leaders! have a great summer!