(sorry, no pictures.)
new school
i'm now officially a sun devil. i survived my first week of school at the polytechnic campus. actually, quite the contrary, i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. i love (so far..) all of my professors and classes. (i'm taking 18 credits between gcc and asu, so we'll see how long i can go before i get burned out...) one of my professors at asu is australian! it's pretty fun to listen to his accent when he lectures. and to top it off i've made alot of friends already. friends who i think i will be, or could be friends with for a long time. i see alot of the same faces in all of my classes, so it's really fun. needless to say, i think i was a little more than excited my first day over the fact that i had already made so many friends. just ask my husband or my mother... i called them both the first day while driving on my way home. :) it just makes a difference when you have friends at school, ya know? and especially when you are there all day. literally. i'm there from 9 am - 5:45 pm. (and not to mention my hour commute each way.) and the first week of school there were no labs... long story short, i had about a 3 and 1/2 hour break until my next class. so i was very happy when it turned out not to be a lonely 3 and 1/2 hour break.
another tid bit of excitement: i found out i can get a FULL refund for my parking pass! i found out from another girl that we can supposedly park in the chandler-gilbert community college parking lots for free! i didn't know this, but i guess chandler-gilbert community college has a few buildings on the asu east campus. saWEET! it is a little bit further of a walk, but i'll gladly walk a little more each day for free than pay for that baby. it's just too much wasted money in my opinion.
and last but not least bit of news on arizona state: my parents are coming this next saturday just in time for some asu football. we're going to a conference game and they're playing stanford. i cannot wait! sun devil stadium is where the cardinals use to play. so i think it's safe to say it's gonna be on a little bit bigger scale than a weber state game... haha! my dad is tickled pink.
new jobs: i still have 3 jobs. because keeping things simple is just too easy.
job #1: personal trainer
i've been working at a personal training and group fitness studio for about a month now and i'm really enjoying it. although i'm not nationally certified yet, last semester i completed the personal training program at glendale community college and they hired me. and last friday i completed the employee/trainer's test they have at work. it's such a great place to start out and i'm learning alot. i'm excited that my classes at school will finally correlate with my job. i'm also planning on this being my internship for school right before i graduate.
job #2: babysitter/nanny
i'm babysitting again this year, but different kids. it's kind of a complicated story to explain. so just ask me if you want to know details... but i'm watching two two year olds one day a week. so they keep me busy! but they're darling kids and generally pretty easy because they just play together. it's going well.
job #3: goodbye la fitness, hello gold's gym!
and of course, i'm still teaching turbo kick! but only one day a week. it's my passion and i seriously would be fine if that's all i did all day every day! ...maybe some day. i'm no longer teaching at la fitness because it just conflicted with my school schedule. but i might resume teaching one of my classes there next semester. it just depends on my crazy schedule. but for now, i'm teaching at gold's and let's just say if i taught alot of classes there i would be making bank! the pay is seriously great. maybe when my life calms down i can get certified in other formats and teach them all. i would love to teach hip hop, body pump and yoga/pilates as well. but sometimes i have to remind myself (or jeff does usually) that i can't do everything all at once, even though i want to. i usually end up spreading myself too thin, so it's good i have a husband who can see the big picture and remind me to simplify a little.
and new rotations
jeff just finished his first 2 rotations in his 3rd year of medical school and will be starting his 3rd rotation in internal medicine tomorrow. his first rotation was in utah in ophthalmology, which he absolutely loved. it was fun to see him so excited about what he was learning and just confirmed to him even more, that ophthalmology is what he wants to specialize in. the doctors he worked with were wonderful and so nice to let him rotate there since he was the first medical student to do so. kind of a small world, one of the doctors was in my parents ward. so he saw him at work and church!
his 2nd rotation he just finished up on friday, was in pediatrics. it was also a really nice, more cush rotation. he had some stories about the funny things kids say and do. the doctor he worked with was great with kids. it will be interesting to see how his internal medicine rotation will be since we've heard it is more intense.
well, we're off to the pool to enjoy some sun on this labor day holiday. we're lame and can't think of anything else better to do today. but we might as well catch some rays and spend some time together while we can, right? hope all of you have a good day off and enjoy your holiday!
Monday, September 1, 2008
changes
Posted by hilary at 11:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
It sounds like everything is going perfect! I am so glad you like ASU so much and that you have so many friends. It really does help make everything easier when you enjoy school. I would love to hear about who you are babysitting and how that came about. I think we are going to try and webcam with you guys soon, so I'll get the scoop then. And I bet it is so much better having Jeff do rotations instead of book work. That has to be so nice! Have a great Labor Day and enjoy the sun! It's been raining like crazy here. :)
hilary...you are like my role model!! maybe when you guys are done with school and you move back...you can get my butt in shape...what do you think?!
Sounds like things are working out great for the both of you! I'm glad that you are keeping busy while Jeff is gone so much, otherwise I think you would go crazy! I know I would! And I'm glad that you are enjoying school and work!
Hilary! I am glad you found me on here. Looks like you guys are doing great! That's cool you are going to ASU. Maybe you should try out for cheer down there. I can't believe how much you are doing right now. I remember that you and your husband were down at Midwestern. Andy actually got accepted to that school so we would have been able to hang! If you can tell I'm a little bitter we ended up here in Missouri. Ok a lot bitter. Maybe we will move out there for clinicals. Anyways, You look beautiful as ever. I'm going to add you to my blog so I can see what you are up to! Keep in touch.
geez hil, why don't you get off your tookish and do something? ...you make me feel like a waste of skin. say hi to your mom for me.
Fun post! It's fun to read about everything you guys are doing. I'm glad school is so great for you this semester. :)
You are one amazing girl!! How do you do it all? Seriously, you babysit on top of teaching and going to school full-time? WOW! I would sure love to take a class from you...when I'm not pregnant that is. Good luck with school!
Hey hil! I'm so glad you left a comment! It's so great to hear from you! And can I just say I think you're amazing! 18 credits!! You're nuts! And you seem to be loving your job, which suits you so well! I hope all is well, try not to go to insane! Talk to you soon!
gcc and asu... both great schools! :)
loverly! sounds like life is going peachy for ou two! i'm totally bummed that we didn't get to catch up with you and jeff this summer.... and... btw... my cousin that passed away is one of the twins that jeff taught as a scout leader... i didn't know if you had remebered that or not... you can tell him if you want. maybe when i'm done with school we can make a trip down to see you guys! enjoy the weather and time with each other!! love ya girl!!
Hey! We just got back from Utah last night so I wanted to say hi and see what you guys have been up to! You are so dang busy girl! We need to hang out sometime, so give me a call when you're not running around like a crazy woman! Or you can just stop by the pool and see me, which is where I'll be every day this week! :) ha ha
Hil! You sound very very busy, but it sounds like everything is going well for you both. I am so glad you made such great friends at school. It really does help. A TON! I am glad things are going so well. Good luck with the 18 credit hours!
wow, you are one busy chikita! However, I think when I'm busy I get more done. Do you feel that way? Maybe I'm Weird but I think it's because I don't have one free moment so I can't procrastinate. That's so nice that you made some friends at school. It really does make everything alot easier when you know people. You sound like you are really happy and doing well. I'm glad. :)
Glad to hear that you survived the first week of school! I'm glad you get your parking pass for free now, that was outrageous! You need to move back to Utah and teach Turbo Kick around these parts so I come come kick some trash. Doesn't it feel good when you see your husband excited about school?
Oh yeah, I finally called up Becky and got my pants hemmed! Thanks so much again, she did an awesome job and was cheap!
You are one busy girl!! Hopefully we can find time to get together. Also, I'm thinking of joining a gym (if I can find money and time, minor detail) do you recommend LA or Gold's? We'll talk!
I found your blog and took a peak! You are so cute. So, I knew you taught fitness classes, but man, you are busy. I should try one of your turbo classes because I am in need of a serious body make over. Two kids is taking a toll on my body, ugh!
Ha! Yes I know now we have a blog! I gave in! I am still figuring everything out though so I'll try and update as much as possible! It's so fun to keep in touch with everyone! i am glad you found us! and i am now grateful that we don't have to pay for a parking pass because we live so close to USU cameron can jsut walk! but $210 is WAY TOO MUCH!! take care and keep in touch!
I haven't talked to you forever, it sounds like you and Jeff are doing great. It sounds like your staying really busy, but loving it! I wish you could come be my personal trainer, having twins has definetly done a number on my body, it's worth it though to have Ella and Emmie. You and Jeff look great, take care.
Audrey
MAN Hillary! How do you keep up? I need lessons!!!
Post a Comment