Sunday, March 16, 2008

spring break in cali

so i realize that my last post was a little long and i probably could've cut out a few things, but you just wouldn't get the whole effect! honestly, i didn't think anyone was gonna read it because it was this never ending story with no pictures. so to those of you who took time out of your precious day to read that, i truly admire you! despite how unfortunate that whole thing was, i learned alot from it and know it was a blessing in disguise for me.

here are some pictures of the more enjoyable part of the trip. it was a blast! i got to see little chubbs compete at nationals and hang out with all of the other cheer moms for a few days. i know many of you are wondering how they did. they took 3rd place and they were awesome!! when i was in highschool, we were so excited that we made it to the top 10 at nationals. they put us to shame! we also spent a couple days in "the happiest place on earth" and california adventures. i seriously did spend alot of time with all of the moms the first day there and i'm mad i didn't get a picture of all of us. they were stubborn and didn't want to take any pictures, but i should've forced them! however, i was successful at getting my mom on the tower of terror. she was freaking out and said she never wanted to go on it again. it was pretty hilarious! the last night there, the whole group took a bus out to l.a. to see wicked, which is my new favorite thing and i'm dying to see it again! if any of you haven't seen it, let me know and i'll go with you! i highly recommend it!! i believe it's coming to utah this fall. i might have to plan a trip home...

now spring break is officially over and i'm so sad. it was so good to spend some time with my mom and sister, girls trips are always so fun. and i shed a few tears on my drive back to arizona... the next couple of days were a little rough too. i think i was just a little homesick! i never do good right after family visits, geez! on the flip side, jeff and i were very anxious to see each other after not having each other around for a few days! little breaks are always good, i think it makes you realize how much you love and miss each other!

11 comments:

erin said...

shelby didn't tell me about ryan scheckler. did she get his phone number? she should have... she's cuter than the birds he flies around with on his show.

Chelsie said...

How fun! That's awesome they got 3rd. Congrats! I want to see Wicked so bad, I have heard it's awesome. You'll have to let me know if it comes to UT. Those pics were so cute, you girls are gorgeous!

Criscell said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I really, really, REALLY want to see Wicked!! Is it really coming to Utah? Please keep me posted! I'll go for sure!

C+R said...

So true, the heart always grows fonder for those that are away! I'm so sorry about your horrible airport experience. Thanks for the congrats, we're really excited!

Paige said...

that sounds like the PERFECT trip! I LOVED wicked and can't wait to see it again. I think we're going to NY in May and I'm dying to see if the one there is better than LA. It would be pretty hard to beat. Didn't you just love Ga-linda? Congrats to Weber, that's awesome they took 3rd. We totally choked at nationals. I'm happy you made it home safe and I am so proud of you for taking that long drive all by yourself? How long of a drive is it?

krys said...

Hil! I just love you to death! The end! ha ha

Ashley said...

ah! I sure love Cali! Brings back some sweet memories! :) That is so fun that you went! Your fam is so dang cute! Seriously! You all look so much alike.

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

I was so sorry to hear about your nightmare. We must have been in Cali the same time! But I feel for you with Jet Blue. Last night we also flew out of the Long Beach Airport, but a whole hour late! It seems like Jet Blue is late a lot! But hope you had fun in Cali!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I will have to show Carson that picture of Woody. You know how much he loves Toy Story. I'm glad you made it home safe and that you had fun! :)

amy g said...

Hil-looks like you had a ton of fun in Cali! I'm glad you finally made it there after that fiasco! I think there should be more spring breaks during the semester, don't you? Well, I want to take you up on your offer about the lady in UT who hems jeans. My email is amy_gardner03@hotmail.com
Thanks girl, you're a life saver!

Frei Family said...

wow.. still jealous!! It looks like you had so much fun!!!